You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dinner at Corduroy

The bar upstairs at Corduroy has one of the best deals in town. Three courses for $30. We took my sister there for dinner while she was in town last week. Our friend, Beth, joined us.

Dinner was superb, as always. The pictures below speak for themselves.

We started out with the Filipino Spring Rolls. They come with a spicy dipping sauce and are additively delicious.


My sister got the Charred Tomato Soup. The first picture is the bowl before the soup was poured. It is a mixture of tomatoes and basil oil. The soup is poured into the bowl at your table. Rustic, earthy, creamy and one of my favorite soups.


Beth ordered the Duck Confit as her entree. This is perhaps the best duck confit anywhere! I'm normally not a duck fan, but I could eat this everyday if I had to. It's served on a bed of frisée.


I got the Faux Rib-Eye (a cut of beef from the shoulder). It's served withLyonnaise Potatoes and green beans with pearl onions. This is a very tender, very beef cut and far more than I was able to eat. Jim lucked out having the leftovers for lunch a couple of days later.


Gen got the Grouper with Sushi Rice and Hajiki. It's seasoned with ginger and sesame oil. The grouper was outstanding and the ginger/sesame flavors really brought the dish alive.


Jim had the Tuna with Sushi Rice and Hajiki. Same dish as Gen's with different fish. Just as delicious.

For dessert, Jim got the trio of sorbets. Pineapple, Concord Grape and Peach. Absolutely fantastic!


Gen and I each got the Pistachio Bread Pudding. It's served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I'm a sucker for bread pudding. This one was moist, dense and full of pistachio goodness.


And lastly, Beth got the Flourless Chocolate Cake. This is a big dense hunk of chocolate cake served with a scoop of chocolate ice cream. If I wasn't so full already, I would have gotten this.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Willis Anderson said...

WOW! Stunning dishes ~ great presentation.

Tanya

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will just say yum. Everything was amazing. As usual. Thanks for a great night!

-Beth

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home