You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderfully quiet day today. Heck I didn't even go out except to walk Sophie. To say the least it was great. We piddled around most of the day, I read and Jim played on the computer. And now that we've had dinner we find ourselves quite relaxed. And for this wonderfully relaxing day I am thankful.
Tonight's dinner was my take on an inside out turkey and stuffing. I took panko bread crumbs, seasoned them with your usual stuffing herbs like sage, thyme, ect. then coated some turkey cutlets in the bread crumbs. We pan fried them til golden brown and served them with some salad and roasted fingerling potatoes. I originally planned southern style green beans but forgot to cook them earlier today so salad took their place. And for dessert, chocolate lava cakes. Again, I planned something different, pumpkin creme brulee. But as I was a bit of a slug today, I forgot to make it. The lava cakes were quick and easy so they were made instead.

And seeing that it's Thanksgiving I thought I would say what am I most thankful for. A
terrific husband, the world's cutest dog, and a great family (on both sides). Plus lots of other little things that are too numerous to list.

Check back tomorrow when I post about the infamous No-Knead bread recipe that's been the hit of the blog world lately.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Happy Thanksgiving Barbara and Family!

10:00 PM  
Blogger ScottE. said...

Happy T-Day...Way to keep it easy and delish!

10:53 AM  
Blogger PatL said...

at thanksgiving dinner, we were invited to say 5 things we were thankful for. I said I was grateful that God had protected me from getting married before I met The Huz (I was 38 when we married), for my good husband, for my family, for the cutest, sweetest, snuggliest doggie in the world (sorry, Sophie!:-), and for having the wherewithal to have a nice warm home with enough to eat. Thanks for sharing your thankfulness; I've made a note to blog mine. And I could add lots more than 5.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home