You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Back to my roots











I found a cheap flight to Knoxville so I made a quick trip home to visit my family last weekend. It had been over a year since I was last home and the only family member I hadn't seen since then was my sister. The rest of the family had either been up here to visit or met us in Florida back in May. And I really missed my sister......so off I flew.

Now let me ask you...What family get-together would be complete without food? Not one involving my family. Mom made a huge pan of baked ziti and we all got together the first night. It was delish. No one makes better italian than my German-Irish mom. She actually learned to make her sauce from a neighbor in NY when I was a baby. Never have I gone home without a pot of sauce in the fridge....it's pretty much a staple in my mom's house.

The next night just us kids got together. We ate pizza and watched movies at my brothers new house.

Sunday morning, we had our traditional family breakfast. Even though it's been almost 30 years since my family moved to TN from NY, we still have roots in NY food. Mom made her usual trek to the bagel place and bought bagels, bialy's and kaiser rolls. Then we feasted on fried egg on roll with homemade NY crumb cake afterwards. Mmmm..... I may have lived in the south for most of my life but I still have a few roots from NY.

And speaking of crumb cake, mom sent me home with a big ol' slab. There's one peice left.....and Biscuit Boy just asked me if we had anything sweet in the house...... I lied and said no. I want that last piece of crumb cake for me.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home