You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I so cheated on making Valentine's Day dinner tonight. The only homemade part of the meal was my pasta sauce, the rest was all store bought. But you know what, it doesn't matter, Jim liked it and that's all I needed to know.

I stopped by a place called The Italian Deli after work. In addition to making great sandwiches, they carry all kinds of Italian products from jars of sauce to cookies to frozen pasta. I picked up a package of cheese manicotti and the last loaf of fresh Italian bread they had.

After taking Sophie out when I got home, I got the manicotti put together and popped it into the oven along with a head of garlic (for some roasted garlic bread) and waited for Jim to come home.
Dinner was very nice. We all enjoyed it, even Miss Sophie got a few nibbles. And to go with it, we opened a bottle of Nipozzano Chianti Reserva that was given to us by a friend at Christmas.And for dessert....yup, more cheating. On my way to work this morning I stopped by Krispy Kreme and got a couple dozen doughnuts for my staff. They were making heart shaped doughnuts topped with sprinkles and I got two extra to take home. And what says love better than a fresh, heart-shaped Krispy Kreme doughnut?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home