You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Bebo Trattoria - review

Went to Bebo last night on it's second night open and the crowds were huge! I don't think they expected quite as many folks. And since it was just there second night, I won't say anything about the service except that even when things started to 'get in the weeds' the servers kept a very professional attitude towards the customers even when you knew they were completely stressed out.

Jim and I were seated at the bar and and our bartender, Stephanie, was wonderful. Our seats also provided us a nice view into the kitchen which was kind of cool. You could see Chef Donna and kitchen staff in action.

Now to the food. It was great. The bar menu offers little plates of tasty morsels like fried calamari with an incredible tomato sauce for dipping. We could have just eaten the sauce on it's own and the calamari was so tender it just melted in your mouth.

We also had the fried zucchini. They were cut into little matchstick pieces and very lightly coated then fried just until they became tender. They were nice but could have used a little salt.

Also from the bar menu was a stewed eggplant with a sweet and sour tomato sauce. This dish is served cold and had a wonderful balance of tangy acidity from the tomato with a bite of the sweet and sour. Very nice. Next time I'm going to get some bread to eat with this.

Last from the bar menu was the housemade sausage with green sauce. A little coil of sausage topped with a deep bright green sauce and a taste that left us wanting more.


We got one appetizer from the dinner menu and all I can say is ......oh my god....... Thinly sliced (and I mean thin) of raw veal topped with an olive oil sauce with sliced mushrooms, fresh Parmesan shavings and celery tops. As they say in the south, it was smack your mama good. This was our absolute favorite dish of the night and will ordered again and again and again.


We contemplated whether or not to try another small dish but decided to call it a night. We were pleasantly full. We will defiantly be back to Bebo. Even with the hectic frenzy of the evening, you could tell the place was a keeper and that once things calm down, we just might become regulars if nothing else than for that veal. And we'll bring the camera.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Galileo and I loved the Osteria. Sorry I'm not around to enjoy this place. It's getting quite a good buzz.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Dough-Boy said...

I was recently at Disney (Epcot) for the Food and Wine Festival. WHile reading up on the cooking session, demos and tastings, I saw that Chef Roberto Donna is doing a cooking demo at Epcot either today or sometime this week.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Pumpkin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I removed the previous comment because it was inappropriate.

Why did I feel the comments were inappropriate?

1. While I sympathize with the commenter about their bad dining experience, they should have addressed their issues with the restaurant not here.

2. The post about this restaurant is old. Places change over time and when reading older reviews, one needs to keep this in mind.

3. I don't want my blog to become a bitch and moan forum.

End of story.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home