You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Monday, October 02, 2006

Trying to keep up (and not doing such a good job)

I know, I know........I've been really lax lately about posting but I had high hopes to jump right back in after vacation. However, all that changed the second day I was back.

For one thing, I got a sinus infection, yuck. Nasty airplane air does it to me almost everytime I fly. And secondly, I get this phone call from my supervisor in our Administrative office. She tells me that they (Administration) are sending my assistant manager (a.k.a. my right arm) to another library branch for
SIX WEEKS! *gulp* This other library had been very shorthanded manager-wise for months and by sending my assistant manager over, they hope to alleviate the strain on the other managers and also have him help train new staff over there.

In a way, he and I knew this might happen but hoped it wouldn't. But we never thought it would be for this long especially since my branch in the smallest management-wise and by not having him here, it basically cut my Information management staff in half. So for the past two weeks, he and I have been busily going over everything he does and refreshing my memory on how to do some stuff as I'll be doing it by myself for a while.

Then to top it all off, he caught a nasty cold last week so as he starts his six week sentence, I mean temporary assignment at the other library, he is coughing and sneezing and feels blah.
And this is why I haven't been up to snuff with my posts. I really, really miss it but haven't had the energy to do it. But I promise to try.

For example, this Wednesday, we're going to a wine dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Corduroy. It's sort of an early birthday gift from Jim. I plan on bringing the camera and getting some nice pics of the meal. The menu looks like this:

- Scallop with Fresh Japanese Wasabi,
Rilliette of Sardine,
Sunset Beach Oyster Shooter,

Chateau de la Negly La Brisse Marine Blanc 2004


- Confit of Duck with Tarbais Beans,
Chateau de la Negly La Cote Rouge 2003


- Niman Ranch Pork Belly with Meaux Mustard Sauce,
Chateau de la Negly La Falaise Rouge 2003


- Braised Beef Cheek with Celeriac,

Chateau Gree Larogue ,
Bordeaux Superior 2001
Chateau Valmengaux , Bordeaux Superior 2003

- Selection of Cheeses


YUM! So stayed tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger PatL said...

So sorry to hear of your tribulations. Here's hoping the weeks fly by!

12:18 AM  
Blogger s'kat said...

You ever tried Airborne tablets? I'll be flying this week, and am loading up on those... and Zycam.

Good luck making it through the next few weeks!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like corduroy a lot, but the last two times I've been there, they've been out of the duck confit. What's up with that? I'm a sucker for anything with duck confit in it, so I was extremely dissapointed. bah. Menu looks great!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home