You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

Today is my birthday.....I'm at the age where I'm considering to start counting backwards. But to compensate for my feeling old, Jim fixed me a wonderful dinner. I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon (just an allergy shot) and stopped by Slavin's and Son's which is within spitting distance from the doctor's office. After looking at several tempting types of fish, I decided to get scallops. I'm a sucker for a good scallop and these looked really good and I knew Jim would do them justice.

And that he did. After he sauteed some shallots and garlic, he added some white wine and capers then let it cook down. Then he tossed in a few bits of saffron to give it that beautiful color. Add in a quick sautee of brussels sprouts and some homemade oven fries and we had dinner. The scallops were so sweet and tender that they just melted in your mouth. Sophie gave me her best hungry look and I gave her a bites of everything. Yes, our dog even ate a brussels sprout. Even she knows good eats when she smells them.

And on Friday, we're going to try to get into Bebo, Chef Roberto Donna's new place in Crystal City. His other place, Galileo is in a building that is under renovation so he's opening Bebo while Galileo is closed. If we get in, I'll definately let you all know how it is.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger PatL said...

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy BIRTHday dear Biscuit Girrrrrrrl!
Happy birthday to you!

(and many morrrrre .... )

11:39 PM  
Blogger sylvie1950 said...

Happy birthday. Be proud of your age. Think of it as a yearly blessing. The alternative isn't a very good choice.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing like good scallops -- and these look great. That touch of saffron really steps it up. Good call.

6:46 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Belated birthday wishes from your neighbor down south...

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home