You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Friday, November 03, 2006

You say Donkatsu, I say Tonkatsu

Either way you say it, it's good. This version was made for me by a co-worker. She's from Korea and knows that Jim and I love Korean food. In fact, Jim even spent 8 months in Korea while in college studying abroad. He has lots of good memories from his time there and many of them involve food (and beer) .

To make this tasty dish at home, try this recipe.
Tonkatsu

4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
2 tablespoons flour
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
Vegetable oil (for frying)

Pound pork to 1/4-inch thickness. Coat with flour, then dip into egg, and finally coat thoroughly with Panko. Deep fry in 1 inch vegetable oil, heated to 350ยบ, 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.

Top with tonkatsu sauce and serve on rice with some shredded cabbage and sliced pear.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ziz said...

oooo yummy!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Rachael Narins said...

I LOVE that sauce...thanks so much for reminding me!

I should go get some...

3:05 PM  
Blogger DC Food Blog said...

Weirdly enough I can't stand the vegetable fruit sauce that goes with the Tonkatsu

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home