You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Pork Tenderloin with Apples and a Pomegranate Glaze

I promised you a food related post and here it is. Last weekend while browsing the aisles in Trader Joe's I came across something new....Pomegranate Glaze. Ready to use. How easy is that? At the time I had no idea how I would use it. I figured that would come to me later.

And later was the next day. In our fridge was a nice little pork tenderloin just begging for me to use it in my experimentation of this new glaze. A quick rummage in the fridge also produced an apple. Hmm..... An idea was born.

After cleaning up the tenderloin, I sliced the apple into about 1/2 inch rings (it was a BIG apple). I placed four rings in the bottom of a baking dish, placed the tenderloin on top of the rings then added three more apple rings to the top of the tenderloin. A generous drizzle of glaze topped the dish. Into a 350 degree oven until my trusty probe thermometer told me it was done.

Also added to the oven were some potatoes that were cut into chunks and seasoned with a little salt and pepper and some olive oil. Once both the potatoes and the tenderloin were done, I did a quick sautee of Brussels sprouts which I seasoned with some garlic and soy sauce. Voila! Dinner was served.

We head to Tennessee on Saturday to spend Christmas with my family. Lots of good food will be served and I'll have the camera ready to capture all the mouth-watering meals. Three things I know for sure will be on the menu, first of which is Mom's Christmas Lasagna (see the end of the second paragraph). The next day my brother is fixing a pork roast dinner that I will be helping with by making risotto. Then the following day, mom is making one of my favorite dishes, sauerbraten. She doesn't make it very often which is one of the reasons it's such a treat not to mention pretty darn tasty. And of course, whenever Jim and I see my nephew Steven, there's bound to be a trip to the sushi bar. Nicknamed Eel-Boy, Steven's enjoyed sushi since he was about 11 or 12 with Eel being his favorite, thus the nickname. Although he's an adult now so we upgraded his nickname to Unagi-Man. Sounds much more mature......doesn't it. hehe

So stay tuned! Pictures and posts will be aplenty over the next week (as will a few extra pounds.....thank goodness my water aerobics class starts the next week)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger s'kat said...

Sounds like you have some good times ahead! Safe journeys, and have a great holiday!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home