You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Seared Ahi Tuna and more No-Knead Bread

While out shopping today I came across a package of fresh ahi tuna that screamed at me to take it home. So I did. And tonight we dredged each piece in sesame seeds, pan seared them for 2 minutes per side and ate them. *burp* They were delicious.

Jim was the chief cook tonight, I merely provided the tuna. He sauteed some stir fry noodles with garlic and green onion and put a some on each plate. Then he carefully sliced the seared tuna and placed each fillet on top of the noodles.
Simple and delicious. Even Sophie enjoyed a nibble or two.

Coming up this week I'll be off from work (woo hoo!) so I'll have time to tinker in the kitchen. There'll be more no-knead bread for certain. The last loaf I made yesterday didn't stand a chance.
We ate most of it before it had a chance to cool. This loaf was slightly different. I added some freshly ground rosemary and dried onion and added it to the flour mixture before I added the water. And who knows what I'll do with the next loaf...... Then later this week Jim's parents and brother are driving up for a belated Thanksgiving visit. We'll have a family Thanksgiving dinner then. On the menu, brined turkey breast, wild mushroom risotto, green beans and fresh baked bread. We'll probably also make a pizza or two on one other night as well as going out. So stay tuned.......

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ziz said...

yuuuhummm. I've always wanted to try ahi tuna. :)

And I'm def. going to try out some of the no-knead breads you've been posting. I hate kneading with a passion! :)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Brilynn said...

I made a loaf of the no knead with 1/3 multigrain flour, it turned out really well. I'm having fun experimenting with it and it always turns out great, (and disappears way too quickly).

7:44 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Beautiful tuna! After all the richness of the past week, that's just the stuff.

I keep seeing this bread everywhere!!! Must... make... bread!

9:45 AM  
Blogger DC Food Blog said...

Gorgeous tuna. What did you bake the bread in? The recipe calls for an oven proof pot.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I have a dutch oven which is the right size but the lid isn't oven proof. I took another lid from an oven proof pan that's a shade smaller than the dutch oven and crimped foil around the edge to make it cover the entire pot. I may try to use a flat baking sheet as a lid next time.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home