You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Cinnamon Raisin Bread


Sunday we went out to lunch with some friends. Afterwards we went by Trader Joe's to pick up a few groceries. Walking by the breads, I picked up a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. It smelled heavenly and I decided I'd make some when we got home. I love to eat it toasted for breakfast.

So once we got home I scrounged through my cookbooks and searched the Internet for a good recipe. Usually I use my Kitchen Aid mixer to make bread but today I decided I wanted to knead it by hand. It's great if you you're stressed out. A good 10 minutes of kneading and pushing the dough around and I felt much better. Funny.....I didn't think I was that stressed....?

It was only after I had the dough sitting on top of the stove to rise when I looked back at the recipe and realized I left out the salt. Oops! Too late to do anything about it now. We'd just have to see what happens.

While it was baking it smelled wonderful. We couldn't wait for it to finish baking so we could eat some. We got to try it after dinner and it was good, despite my forgetting to add the salt. The only thing we could detect was that it was a little flat tasting but not enough to keep us from enjoying it.

I really should make bread or bake more often. Whatever you make tastes better than store bought and has to be better for you since it doesn't have all the preservatives in it. Plus I love to bake. It's one of those things that helps me relax. Biscuit Boy always knows when I'm really stressed out when I announce that I want to bake something. And he's happy to help out by tasting whatever I make.

Speaking of tasting, I'm hungry and haven't had breakfast yet. Hmmm.......what will I have? Gee, I think some cinnamon raisin toast sounds good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home