You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring is here!

Finally. No more snow, no more ice, no more freezing cold mornings! And because Sunday was such a nice day, Jim and I bought top soil, bedding plants and some new azaleas to plant around our patio.

We had some old cedar trees along one side of the patio but two bad winters with heavy snow did them in. However, they were the only barrier we had between us and the 6 foot drop from our patio to the one next door. So we planted new azaleas to form a new barrier.
I got some pansies for a splash of color along the front and replanted my day lilies and Asiatic lilies (had to dig them up when our patio was repaired). I also think another trip to the nursery is in order to help fill in the front flower bed some more. Don't you agree? After we toiled and got everything planted, Jim and I (and Sophie) sat on the patio for a few hours sipping on nice cold beverages and playing a little cribbage.

When it started to get cool, we went inside and prepared dinner. Having acquired some vine ripened tomatoes and snagging some wonderfully fragrant basil at the market, we decided to put it to good use and make pizza.
I sliced the tomatoes paper thin, chopped some fresh basil and let Jim do his magic. The freshness of everything was so good and a welcome flavor to help end the day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Everything goes better with cribbage.
:o)

3:06 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

The first planting of the year is certainly cause for celebration! Love the pizza!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Freya said...

The flowers look lovely (and even better in a month or two) but the pizza looks even better!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pizza and your pizza it's very good

1:45 AM  
Blogger DC Food Blog said...

How'd the crust turn out? I try and get my crust like 2 Amy's. Thin but a little bready and it always ends on a tad too Boboli like.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Joe: Cribbage is a lot of fun, my dad taught me to play when I was a kid. He's collected boards over the years and has a really nice range of boards in all shapes, sizes and materials.

S'kat, Freya, and Pom: Thanks, Jim's gotten so good at making pizza that I give him the highest compliment a former New Yorker can give, "It tastes as good as a NY pie"

DC: As you can tell from above, the crust turns out fantastic. Jim's gotten so good at making the crust nice and thin with just enough around the edges to have something to hold on to. We use Trader Joe's dough, a bargain at 99 cents a bag. Although they were out yesterday so I'll probably try my hand at making it from scratch this week. Stay tuned to see how it turns out.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home