You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Pesto Pizza

Sunday found us at the store to stock up on some veggies. I couldn't resist the fresh bundles of basil. Their aroma was intoxicating. I bagged up three bundles then went looking for some pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.....pesto was going to be made.

The last time I made pesto I didn't have a food processor and nearly wore my arm off trying to crush the basil leaves with my dinky little mini food chopper. Not this time. I whipped up this batch so fast it was amazing. And the house smelled so good!

Last night Jim made pesto pizza that was one of the best ones he has ever made. We ate all of it easily and wanted more. Hmmm.....I work late on Thursday. Maybe I can talk him into making another?

Here is the pesto recipe:

PESTO

3 large garlic cloves
1/2 cup pine nuts
2/3 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups loosely packed fresh basil
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

With food processor running, drop in garlic and finely chop. Stop motor and add nuts, cheese, salt, pepper, and basil, then process until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil, blending until incorporated.

Makes about 1 1/3 cups. (Cover tightly, the pesto should keep for a week)

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I love pesto pizza!This looks so tasty...getting hungry all over again!

10:02 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Pesto pizza is definitely one of my all-time favourites as well. It doesn't get any better at this time of year!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Pesto on pizza is to die for!! It's at time like these that I wish I still had my gardens and hadn't moved over to condo living!!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger CarolinaGirl said...

funnt, I came upon you 5 days after making this myself.I top mine with chicken. Neat blog. I will be back for sure!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Deborah Dowd said...

Pesto pizza is an excellent summer dish, and yours looks delicious. i could eat pesto on about anything!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home