You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Rules of Vacation...Vacation Post III

By Jim (Biscuit Boy)

1. Take a massage at the beginning of the vacation. Relax from the start.

2. Go to the pool. It's relaxing too.

3. If the bed is uncomfortable, get an air mattress. No sense in being uncomfortable.

4. Do something physical to burn off stress you accumulated before you came. Paddle a kayak hard, take a long walk on the beach, do water aerobics in the pool. But do something physically demanding. No, carrying bags in elevator to condo doesn't count.

5. When catching a fish, hold it's belly side away from from you so it won't crap on you.

6. Do one thing that you think is cool but you'd never do at home. Salsa lessons, anyone?

7. Try one new restaurant.

8. Buy Key Lime Pie from Publix.....have a slice after you get home from dinner.

We welcome any suggestions. What do you like to do on vacation that you don't do in your normal life? Let us know.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger devinoni said...

When I'm on vacation, I like to take a second shower every day, before going out to dinner. It always makes me feel so luxurious and indulgent. (Wasting all that water, oh my!)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

You will laugh at this - I buy Pilsbury cinnamon rolls, and we bake them for breakfast on the mornings that we eat at the vacation house. My kids somehow think that you can only get these when you are on vacation.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Cookie baker Lynn said...

Hmm, what I don't do in normal life is take vacations. I'm all about that massage, though. And thanks for the fish-catching tip - good to know. :-)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Glenna said...

Hmmmmm....#5 sure sounds like one of those "learn from my mistakes" ones.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Glenna,
You're exactly right on that one. I caught my first fish on vacation, a little one. But without knowing this fact, I held it up proudly to show the hubby and the darn fish pooped on my shirt!

8:43 AM  
Blogger s'kat said...

When I'm on vacation, the number one rule is: there are NO rules!!

I may have an idea of what I'd like to do, but I try not to plan it all out. Be like a leaf dancing on the wind...

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home