You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Monday, April 16, 2007

Pork - 2 Ways

I bought a pork roast and trimmed it out leaving me with a nice little white meat roast and a thin section of dark meat. I decided to marinate each in different marinades.

For the roast, the marinade included pomegranate syrup, 3 dried chipotle peppers, and a Meyer lemon. I didn't add the lemon until it was time to roast the meat but I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt to add it to the marinade from the beginning. This baked at 375 for about 35 minutes.


For the darker cut of meat I went with a little more of an Asian flare with Sesame oil, chunky peanut butter and soy sauce. Since this cut of meat was thin, I sautéed it in a skillet.

I also sautéed some Shanghai tips with some soy sauce and hot peppers to serve with the pork as well as a nice pot of rice. It was a nice filling meal. Both of the marinated meats were distinctly different in flavor but equally good. Jim and I thought the addition of some more hot spice would have been good. His choice: habanero, mine: red pepper flakes or Sriracha hot sauce.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Deborah Dowd said...

This sounds like a great idea and the results look wonderful! Pork roast is so great and versatile, but my personal favorite is a peanut sauce!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Glenna said...

I could dive into that platter right now. Looks fabulous!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home