You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Saturday, February 23, 2008

French Fry Hash Browns


So what could be any unhealthier than hash browns made with leftover French fries? The ones I ate the night before with a cheeseburger from Five Guys. Yes, I was bad last night. On my way home from work, I realized that I hadn't taken anything out for dinner. Plus it's only me at home this week since Jim is already in Malaysia and I hate cooking for just myself. And there just so happens to be a Five Guys on my way home from work. Seemed like it was meant to be.

Sophie and I decadently dined on a small cheeseburger and fries and as anyone who's been to Five Guys knows, you always get a ton of fries, even with a small order. There was no way I could eat all of them, even with Sophie's help.

I was about to throw the leftover fries in the garbage last night when I had an idea to make hash browns with them for breakfast this morning. So I bagged them up and tossed them in the fridge.

This morning I put them on a cutting board and diced them up and added some salt and dried onion flakes. Once the skillet was hot I added the mix and let it brown up a little then stirred them around and in about 10 minutes I had hot French fry hash browns. They were delicious! And the best part is that I only used half of what was left over so I get to have them again tomorrow. Yum!

7 Comments:

Blogger devinoni said...

Mmmm...Five Guys French fries. Lucky you!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Oh, I SO didn't need to have that idea put in my head! :-)

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Shala Perla said...

Oh mannnnn what a great idea! i took some frozen french fries that were small cut and fried up some fresh onions and garlic with it, threw some lawerys seasoning on it...HEAVEN!! i decided to make an omelet out of the "hash browns" added left over salmon and cheese and eggs....will DEFF be doing this again!!!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm hungry!!!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five Guy Delivery last night left WAY TOO MANY fries leftover! I came accross this and ran to the fridge and cut up some onions-green and red peppers were already done from a previous meal and I'm frying them up now. Still got more fries! Will use them tomorrow for breakfast! Thanks!

11:51 AM  
Blogger The Fat Soprano said...

How can there ever be leftover french fries..lol

11:11 AM  
Blogger The Fat Soprano said...

How can there ever be leftover french fries..lol

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home