You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Paper Chef #5

Ok......I find a new blog, Tomatilla! and he is doing something called Paper Chef. Hmmm....sounds interesting. I read the rules and decide to give it a try. It works like this: On the first Friday of the month, four ingredients are chose (by Tomatilla). You have to use these four ingredients (and any others you like) to create a dish, write about it and submit your entry by noon the following Monday. It's then judged and the winner is award the title of "Paper Chef" for the rest of the month. You also get a nifty little icon for your blog.

The ingredients this month are prosciutto, green garlic, sherry vinegar, and goat cheese. I could immediately think of several things I could do with everything but the vinegar. I haven't used vinegar that much so it left me scratching my head for a while. Then it hit me......do something like pickle the green garlic. A little light bulb flickered on in me wee noggin.

When I told Biscuit Boy about it, he started thinking up a recipe of his own. (Don't tell him but I think I like his better than mine). Below are both are entries.

Biscuit Girl's entry:
Proscuitto and Goat Cheese Roll Up Appetizers
Take a stalk of green garlic and dice it. Mix it with half a cup of sherry vinegar and let it soak for 2 hours, then drain.
Mix the soaked garlic with 8 ounces of soft goat cheese. Spread a thin layer of the cheese mixture on a slice of prosciutto and roll up. Repeat with remaining cheese and prosciutto. Arrange rolls on a plate and garnish with freshly minced green garlic. Serve.

Here is Biscuit Boy's entry:
Goat Cheese Dip with Asparagus/Prosciutto Spears
Take 8 ounces of soft goat cheese and place it in a sauce pan with 2 ounces each of sherry vinegar and soy sauce. Melt over low heat. Once melted, set aside and keep warm.
While the cheese is melting, steam asparagus until crisp-tender. Wrap each spear with a slice of prosciutto.
Put the warm goat cheese dip in a small ramekin and set on the center of a serving platter. Arrange the wrapped spears around the ramekin and serve. To eat, dip a spear in the cheese and enjoy.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Love your entries - so simple and so elegant. I especially like your Asparagus and Prosciutto "Con Queso".

9:10 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Aw...thanks *blushes* but I can't take the credit for that recipe, my hubby created that one. And sometimes I think he is the better cook in the house. But I'm the better baker :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Owen said...

great dishes! And so simple. I have to admit that I too liked the asparagus and prosciutto dish. But I would happily serve both as appetizers any day.

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home