You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

We'll return to our regularly scheduled program

Sorry about the lack of posts last week. But I was pooped. We had bouts of no A/C at the library (read: none for the better part of three days) during the hottest days of the year. But we're troopers and toughed it out. Albeit tired, sweaty and grumpy. And thankfully, the A/C was blissfully working the latter part of the week. Never mind that it was working A LOT and I froze may ass off in my office, cuz I wasn't about to complain. My logic is you can always throw on a sweater but there's just so much you can take off (before someone calls the cops or runs away screaming)

So I didn't feel much like blogging last week, or this weekend, or last night, or tonight. But I will get back to it here in the next few days. I have lots to write about.......my brother and I had our cooking class at Galileo (wonderful!), Jim and I fixed the most amazing scallops Sunday night for dinner (Delish) and I baked like a fiend all day Sunday (Baking helps me relax). Lots of pics for all this too. So stay tuned.........

4 Comments:

Blogger s'kat said...

Baking in this weather? You are a trooper, m'dear!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Trooper, maybe......stressed - YES.

I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for my staff (and well earned cookies at that) and two French baquettes for home. And I'll be back in the kitchen again next week, stressed or not, to make scones for our staff meeting.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry about the A/C fight but understand the office freeze out. People make fun of me for wearing long sleeves under my scrubs when it's 100+ outside, but come on, it's about 50 degrees inside big buildings!

Everything sounds wonderful--looking forward to your new creations and hearing about the class.

12:28 PM  
Blogger PatL said...

you poor thing! glad to hear they've got it fixed. killer!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home