You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Skillet Fried Corn


Having three ears of corn sitting in the fridge for a week, I knew I needed to use them and fast before they spoiled. Simply boiling them would have been tasty but messy and I wasn't in the mood for messy. So I did what any good Southern cook would do, I cut the corn kernels off the cob and fried them up in a skillet.

First I cut off the kernels and with the back of the knife, scrapped off all the pulp still left on the cob. Setting that aside, I finely diced half a small onion and cooked them over medium heat until they were lightly browned then tossed in two cloves of finely diced garlic, some salt and black pepper. Once all that was combined together, I added the corn and about 1/4 cup of chicken stock and let it cook over medium heat until most of the liquid was nearly cooked away.

I served it with some sauteed bok choy and pork chops.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

That looks fabulous! I know what I'll be doing with my corn this summer!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home