You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Monday, February 13, 2006

Virtual Recipe Club - Potato Edition

Alysha at The Savory Notebook started the Virtual Recipe Club (VRC) a while back and asked for a guest Host for this week's edition. I jumped at the chance. I love reading new recipes and the VRC is a great way to collect recipes that share a common theme.

When I told Alysha that I would gladly host this week's edition, she asked me to pick the topic. I mulled over several things and decided upon potatoes. The other items I toyed with were chocolate, cinnamon, or biscuits (Imagine that, Biscuit Girl choosing biscuits).

But in the end, potatoes won. Probably due to a discussion at work about what our March Staff Soup would be. I offered to bring in my potato leek soup recipe since soup day would be right around St. Patrick's Day and what's more Irish than potatoes.

So guess what potato recipe I'll be using for this week's VRC? I'd love to have your potato recipes too. You can submit them by e-mailing them to me at biscuitblog at earthlink dot net. If you post your recipe (with or without pictures), send me the permalink. I'll gather all the recipes up and post them here on Sunday evening.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Alanna Kellogg said...

Didn't know til just now that the recipe could come from the archives. I have a whole a whole bunch of those! Okay, okay, just one. Well then I pick this turnip potato puree, which was the “best side vegetable” for all of January. Good luck w other entries!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Thanks! It looks great!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Just sent you my entry. :)

11:25 PM  
Blogger Dough-Boy said...

I guess I can't submit a traditional Irish 7 course meal. A potato and a six pack of Guiness.

I'll see what I can find to submit...

8:01 AM  
Blogger Ruth Daniels said...

I just posted my entry. Can't wait to see the roundup so I can add to my list

10:42 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Ah, Thanks for the correction. I changed it to read St. Patrick's day. (this is what happens when you try to type this stuff while half asleep).

12:04 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hey BG - Here is our entry for this week

http://desertculinary.blogspot.com/2006/02/veggie-filled-thursday_16.html

10:51 PM  
Blogger Kate Croft said...

Just emailed you! Thanks =)

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Just sent you recipe.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home