You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Pardon me while I brag on myself

Not for a food related topic but something else that's near and dear to my heart......Libraries. In December 2004, my Library Director sent out an e-mail to all of the staff. It was from a gentleman, John Moorman, who was updating a book on running small libraries. He was looking for some folks to help with some of the chapters.

And it just so happens that before I moved to the DC area I had been the Library Director of a rural county system in Tennessee for 2 1/2 years. I thought to myself "Hey, I could do this." I replied to Mr. Moorman, said I'd be interested in helping out. A few phone calls later and I was busily writing two chapters for the book. And a little over two years later, it has finally been published. I got my copy today! The book is titled Running a Small Library: A How-to-do-it Manual. And may I just say how cool it is to see your name in print!!! Cool, Cool, Cool!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright!!! Congratualtions!! I've never had my name in print (unless you count a law review article), so I think that is pretty darn cool!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Urban Epicurean said...

hi, and congratulations!!! how deeply rewarding to be acknowledge for your talents by writing for a book! Brag, brag, brag away!

9:55 PM  
Blogger sylvie1950 said...

Congratulatiins. It always helps to have things like this to add to your resume. Plus it's an even better ego booster knowing you may even be referenced in the future.

10:42 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

That is indeed awesome news, Barbara! We're not a small library anymore, or else I'd order one immediately!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had my name in print either, I think it's awesome!! Congratulations!!!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Barbara!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home