You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Monday, December 03, 2007

Ouch!

Jim will be doing most of my posts for the next few weeks as I am trying to recover from a problem with two discs in my neck. This makes sitting at the computer comfortable for no more than just a few minutes. I hope to start feeling better soon, especially when I get two steroid shots in my neck. They say it hurts like hell when you get them but it works quicker than steroid pills for reducing any swelling around the discs. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

I still managed to get some baking in before this neck thing got really bad. With some help from my mother-in-law I made a double batch of rosemary focaccia. I didn't intend to make a double batch but realized as I started to stir the dough that I added twice as much water as it called for so I just doubled the other ingredients. This actually turned out to be a good thing since it didn't last very long.
Jim's been doing all the cooking since last week and one night decided to get some take out from one of our favorite Chinese places called Hong Kong Palace. They make incredibly good Szechuan like our other favorite place, Joe's Noodle House. Only Hong Kong Palace is MUCH closer to home. He got enough for two nights worth of meals. We had Kung Pao Chicken, Mapo Tofu and Beef with bamboo shoots. Only problem I encountered was trying to use chopsticks with a numb index finger. After several attempts I opted to use a fork instead (much less messy that way).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up on your blog. I hope your neck is feeling better. Cervical disc pain responds really well to steroids (Physical Therapist in me talking). I hope you get relief soon! Now the cook in me thinks that bread looks fantastic!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home