You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Thursday, May 29, 2008

English Muffin follow-up

Because curious minds wanted to know, these are English muffin rings. I got mine from The Baker's Catalogue. Here's a direct link to the item.
We have really been enjoying a toasted muffin for breakfast in the morning. Jim says a touch of honey is especially tasty. Me, just some butter (or in my case, Smart Balance). And seeing as we are down to two muffins, I may have to make some more this weekend. I plan to make them a little thinner and handle the dough more gently to see if I can get more of the nooks and crannies that make English muffins are famous for. And I will have a new kitchen toy to make them with. What is it? You'll have to come back this weekend to find out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, do you make a big batch and then toast them up as needed or can you make a small batch and just make fresh English Muffs for breakfast each day that you want them?

THis is probably the one classic yeast dough I've never tackled. Maybe the Daring Bakers will do it one day!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! My mom makes english muffins and I will be visiting her soon. Can't wait.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home