You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Apple Pie

Another quick post before we leave on vacation. Somewhere on the pool deck of the Dawn Princess awaits a deck chair and a fru-fru drink with my name on it.

A few weeks ago the Egg Man had apples on his truck when he stopped by. I bought a couple of pounds with apple pie in mind. Jim loved it but I wasn't as thrilled. I only had golden delicious and I felt the pie was missing that bite you get when you use granny smiths. Regardless, after a week, it was all gone.


Apple Pie

6 or 7 large apples

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

2 tbsp. flour

4 tbsp. chilled butter, cut into small chunks

juice from 1/2 a lemon

2 Pie crusts (I use premade pie shells)

Preheat the oven to 350. Place a cookie sheet in the oven to heat.
Peel and slice the apples. Place in a large bowl with the sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, flour, and lemon juice. Toss well to coat all the apples. Add the apple mixture to the pie crust. Place butter chunks all over the filling. Lay the top crust over the filling. Pinch both crusts together and cut off excess. Cut four slits into the crust to let the steam evaporate. Bake pie on the heated cookie sheet for 1 hour. Chill before serving.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

This looks wonderful! I love rustic pies like these. Perfect for fall.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pie is beautiful...but the plate really has me drooling. It looks just like the sort of expensive stationary people bring back as gifts from Italy-except it is a plate.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home