You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Free Vanilla Beans!

Yes, free...if you head over to Steamy Kitchen and enter the vanilla bean contest she's doing this month.

And who amongst us doesn't love the intoxicating smell of vanilla! I love putting a vanilla bean into a canister of sugar then using the sugar for cookies of cakes. Plus using the bean when making creme brulee (one of my favorite desserts) really pushes it into a whole new level of flavor goodness.

How do you use vanilla beans? That's what Jaden over at Steamy Kitchen wants to know when you enter her vanilla bean giveaway.......so go.....what are you waiting for?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I signed up for the contest - thanks for telling us about it. I'll split them with you if I win! :-)

11:02 PM  
Blogger DC Food Blog said...

Vanilla beans are essential in creme anglaise. Will definitely enter the contest.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home