You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

New kitchen gadget

Here it is......my new kitchen gadget. A KitchenAid Pro 600. This is a mixer with balls. And it's mine, all mine. (I actually wanted to put a picture of the mixer with two balls underneath but didn't get around to it.)
My mom recently got a great deal on the price and was contemplating one for herself and in a moment of weakness ordered one for me too! Is she cool or what! It comes with the usual attachements, albeit much larger than the ones for my other KitchenAid.
I think Cookie Jar Bear is impressed with the dough hook....
... as well as the beater and whisk attachments.

And what did I make to christen the mixer? Bagels. Yummy, yummy bagels. You can see the dough rising in the left side of some of the pictures. The motor on this bad boy is the most powerful of the KitchenAid stand mixers and it kneaded the dough nicely. No way my old mixer could have done that.

I expect many more tasty delights to be made in my kitchen with this mixer.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

i. am. so. jealous. that is so beautiful. i can't speak (or write). it is truly breath-taking. I can't show this blog post to my KA mixer...don't want to make it feel small.

11:51 PM  
Blogger NKP said...

Wow, congrats on the new beast!
I have the smaller cousin, the artisan. Good for most things but I wouldn't be comfortable with really stiff doughs in it. One day I want the beastie, like yours. For your first attatchment, get the pasta roller set. Not cheap but so good. And you don't have to crank it like the manual ones.

7:31 AM  
Blogger ScottE. said...

WOW...size really does matter! That's beautiful!!! Color me green.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Ooooooooh!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Andrea Meyers said...

I have mixer envy! :-)

8:01 PM  
Blogger Deborah Dowd said...

They need to have a mini-version of the brass testicles that guys put on their big trucks for our Kitchenaids!

Your love for your Kitchenaid will only grow over time!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home