You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sophie update

For those of you interested in keeping up with Sophie, here is a quick update. The past few weeks have been hectic as we finished up with her daily visits to the vet for radiation treatments. But I'm happy to report that we are done with them and all went very well.

We are now letting her leg heal and hope for the tumor to continue to shrink. Except for the loss of the nail on her dew claw the after effects of the radiation have been minimal. Her leg was bandaged last week when the nail came off to help it heal. But aside from that she is still her happy, sweet self.

In about 1-2 months she should be ready to have what is left of the tumor surgically removed.

I, on the other hand, managed to have my own need to see a doctor. One week before the radiation treatments ended, I was at work and walked into a book truck full of books.....while wearing open toe shoes.....and the book truck didn't budge. Mt little toe, however, did. Yup, I broke that sucker.

Two of the staff were in the room when it happened but were unaware what had happened. Not wanting to scare the bee-snot out of them, I bit my tongue and sat down in the nearest chair then broke out in a sweat. Had I been by myself, I would have let fly with a string of curse words that would make a sailor blush. But I didn't want to horrify my staff with my language and quietly whimpered.

It was later that night when I got home that I noticed between my toes and the bottom of my foot were purple. Yesterday I was finally able to wear a real shoe on my foot as opposed to the post op bootie I'd been wearing.

Now I'm not saying the doctor's office I had to use (since it was a worker's comp injury) was sketchy but this is the advice the doctor gave me, "As long as you can keep from running your foot foot into things, you can avoid injuries like this."
Gee..... ya think?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Yummy. Very nice looking Braid.

11:14 AM  
Blogger PatL said...

Hey, there, friend! Thanks for the nice note about Sophie. Keep us posted ... and how about some pictures of Her Cutness?

10:16 PM  
Blogger PatL said...

Oops! I mean "Cuteness"!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home