You Gonna Eat All That?

A fork in one hand, a pen in the other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

(Biscuit Girl)

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Plum Delicious!

Jim picked up some plums last week at the market, handed them to me and said, "Could you make me a plum cobbler?" How could I say no, the plums looked great and I've never made a cobbler with plums before. Strawberries, peaches, and blackberries, yes, but plums, no. I also saw it as a way to learn to like plums. Not that I dislike them but because I've never been a big fruit eater. And if a cobbler is the vehicle I need to learn to better enjoy a fruit, then I'll gladly make the effort.

I used a fairly simple recipe for the cobbler part.......Bisquick. Yeah, I know but it's easy and quick. The only thing I added to the basic recipe was some cinnamon.

Plum Cobbler
Topping:

2 cup Bisquick

1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp sugar

1/4 tsp cinnamon


Filling:

12 plums, pitted then cut them into 8ths

1 cup sugar
3 tbsp of cornstarch

1 tsp vanilla
pinch of cinnamon

Mix all the topping ingredients together and set aside. Mix all the filling ingredients, stirring well. Pour filling into an 8" x 8" baking dish.

Using a large spoon, drop topping over the filling. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.


Serve warm with your favorite flavor of ice cream. (we had black walnut on hand and used it.)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I'm going to try it with whatever we've got at home. Yum!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I made it this afternoon with the kids (they did everything but cut up the fruit) - ours was peach and blueberry, and it was YUMMY! Even my chocoholic daughter enjoyed it (after the disppointment in learning there was no chocolate - wonder who she gets that from?). Thanks for the recipe!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

mmm, peach and blueberry. Sounds like a winner to me....even if there wasn't any chocolate in it. :)

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home